Rock and Roll, Rhythm and Blues, Soul and Country music from Ohio 1950-1979+
Buckeye Beat is the online living history of Ohio's amazing popular musical culture of the years 1950 to 1979 and beyond. From the early rhythm and blues, to country, rockabilly - from the garage bands, psychedelic and soul sounds, to the changing times of the 1970s.
- Bands and Performers - Bios and stories behind bands, singers, musicians - listed alphabetically
- Labels - History and detailed discographies of all Ohio record labels that released at least two discs
- Venues - Stories of the places were it happened, from ballrooms to teen clubs to bars
- Works - The promoters, producers, and recording studios that delivered the action
- Radio - The stations and DJs who talked the talk and spun the platters that mattered
- News - Site updates and other news Were you a musician in Ohio during the time frame covered by the website? Or a fan, club operator, DJ, record producer, etc? If you're not listed, contact us! If you are listed, contact us!
NOTE (May 13, 2020) - due to web host crash, we went off line for a few days, but have moved to a new host and getting back up! Might take a few days to get everything recovered. Thanks for your patience!